Thursday, October 22, 2009

Technological advances! It it has taken a while for me to figure out how to post on a mobile phone so here we go. As we speak I am enjoying a cup of hot cider and sitting on the stoop of my n'ganda, also known as a house. It is early morning here in Zambia and there is a brisk wind that forces me to where a jacket, which for the hottest month of the year I really can't complain. The jacket also helps keep the mosquito's away, just say NO to Malaria! Yesterday I attended my first Zambian wedding where I spent most of the day cramped up against the wall packed in with at least forty women. This of course only added to the experience. I watched women make music with wooden chairs, sing and dance the traditional dances, and just laugh and enjoy one anothers company. Of course when I attempted to partake in the traditional dances, the women burst out laughing. This leads me to believe that I really rocked those dances. The festivities lasted all day and I began to grow tired, so as soon as they died down, we were on our way home...thank goodness! Next wedding is in one month, till then I will be practicing in my house and I will show these women that white women CAN dance. My oatmeal and cider are calling my name till next time;

Dancing Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment