Thursday, October 22, 2009

Technological advances! It it has taken a while for of to figure out how to post on a mobile shoe so here we go. As we speak i am enjoying a cup of hot cider and sitting on my stoop of my nganda, house. It is early morning here in zambia and there is a brisk wind that forces me to where a jacket, which for their hottest month i really cant complain. The jacket also helps keep the mosquitos away. Yesterday i attended my first zambian wedding, i spent most of the day cramped up against the wall packed in with at least forty women, i think this only added to the experience. I watched women make music with wooden chairs, sing and dance the traditional dances. When i attempted these dances the women burst out laughing which lead me to believe that i rocked those dances. The festivities died down and at last we were on our way home. Next wedding is in one month so i know what i will need to practice till then. My oatmeal and cider are calling my name till next time, dancing queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment